Sunday, January 17, 2010

golden globe predictions

Well, I'm slow on the uptake and coming in late to the game (but who's surprised?), but I just thought I'd throw in some last-minute Golden Globe thoughts just before the telecast begins. I know it's a pretty standard list of predictions, but I can't help it. It's just a predictable year. So bear with me, and feel free to make fun of me when I get a bunch of them wrong:

Best Picture (Drama) - The Hurt Locker
Best Picture (Comedy) - The Hangover
Best Actor (Drama) - George Clooney (Up in the Air)
Best Actor (Comedy) - Matt Damon (The Informant!)
Best Actress (Drama) - Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side)
Best Actress (Comedy) - Meryl Streep (Julie & Julia)
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
Best Supporting Actress - Mo'Nique (Precious)
Best Director - Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker)
Best Screenplay - Up in the Air
Best Song - "The Weary Kind" (Crazy Heart)
Best Score - Avatar
Best Foreign Language Film - The White Ribbon
Best Animated Film - Up
Best TV Drama - Dexter
Best Comedy Drama - Glee
Best Actor (Drama) - Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
Best Actor (Comedy) - Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
Best Actress (Drama) - Anna Paquin (True Blood)
Best Actress (Comedy) - Toni Collette (United States of Tara)
Best Supporting Actor - John Lithgow (Dexter)
Best Supporting Actress - Jane Lynch (Glee)
Best Miniseries - Grey Gardens
Best Actor (Miniseries) - Kevin Bacon (Taking Chance)
Best Actress (Miniseries) - Jessica Lange (Grey Gardens)

Phew! Got it done in time! Let's see how this goes...

No comments: