Monday, March 22, 2010

best of the decade: the family band

All right people - we all know and love countless film characters that do a little musicianing on the side, and here's my big showcase of my ultimate family band of the decade's countless musical characters - ordered by orchestral section... sort of.

Strings
On guitar, Guy (Once), Juno McGuff & Paulie Bleeker (Juno)
On cello, Jenny (An Education), Claire Spencer (What Lies Beneath)
On autoharp, June Carter (Walk the Line), Mickey Crabbe (A Mighty Wind)

Percussion
On tambourine, Saraghina (Nine)
On drums, Prof. Walter Vale (The Visitor)
On water glasses, Gracie Hart (Miss Congeniality)
On claps, Raimunda (Volver)
On bells, Sister Aloysius (Doubt)

Keyboards
On piano, Wladyslaw Szpilman (The Pianist), Jude (I'm Not There)
On keyboard, Girl (Once)
On organ, Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)

Back-Up Dancers
Daisy (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
Billy Elliott (Billy Elliott)
Velma Kelly (Chicago)

Who would be in your family band of the aughts?

7 comments:

Castor said...

hahah great post Luke! No vocals?

Andrew K. said...

I LOVE this post. I love the choices (Especially cello) but where you really sell me is "On bells, Sister Aloysius (Doubt)": classic. And for vocals - I nominate John and June, Giselle, Christian & Satine and Mrs. Lovett - for refreshments.

Luke said...

Castor: I considered it of course, but there were simply too many to choose from. It almost deserves a separate post...

Andrew: Those singers would definitely make my tops for vocalists. (Love the Sweeney "refreshments" crack.)

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Cutest post ever. I love that you included Raimunda of course.

Simon said...

This is the best name for a post ever.

(and on vocals, Laura from Brick....)

Robert said...

Hahaha! Amazing. I especially loved seeing Mickey Crabbe and the Sister Aloysius on Bells cracked me up.

Malcolm said...

This is great! I kept laughing when I saw this.... especially seeing Sister Aloysius's bells get recognized.