Wednesday, June 23, 2010

casting crew: WKRP IN CINCINNATI

Perhaps I'm one of the unique few that loved watching the late-1970s, early-1980s CBS sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati with my parents growing up, but as a precursor to NBC's short-lived 1990s sitcom Newsradio, it stands in my mind as a truly fun show about the innerworkings of a radio station. So, as the Casting Crew always does, I'm going to venture a stab at a modernized cast for the TV series, and, much like the columns before it, I'm assuming I'll catch fire in the comments. But have at it! Let's tune in...

Matthew Perry as Andy Travis

Zach Galifianakis as Johnny "Dr. Fever" Caravella

Kate Hudson as Jennifer Elizabeth Marlowe

Tim Meadows as Venus Flytrap

Zooey Deschanel as Bailey Quarters

1 comment:

Robert said...

I've never seen the original series, but I'd so watch this movie based on this cast! Haha. I love Zooey, and Kate Hudson is good when used correctly. Hehe.