Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 golden globe predictions, revised

Well thanks a lot, Dave Karger. Just when I had my Golden Globe predictions all nicely settled you had to throw a monkey wrench in the works with all these rules and regulations. It turns out several of my previous predictions are now moot thanks to Country Strong being ruled a "Drama" instead of a "Comedy/Musical" candidate. The other issue at hand is Hailee Steinfeld being ruled lead as opposed to supporting, a move that I know plenty of bloggers are happy about, in an effort to avoid category fraud. Herein lies the problem - my previously chosen candidates (Country Strong for Best Picture - Comedy/Musical, Gwyneth Paltrow for Best Lead Actress in a Comedy/Musical, and Hailee Steinfeld for Best Supporting Actress) are defunct. Replacements are in order! So, to hustle along before tomorrow's announcement, I'll replace Steinfeld with Cher in Burlesque, a flashy celebrity to potentially brighten up the red-carpet-driven awards show. The Best Actress spot will have to now go to Julianne Moore for The Kids Are All Right, though I've been hesitant about her chances. And finally, the Best Comedy vacancy will go to The Other Guys - though I'm very tentative about that potentially gutsy choice. Good luck to all predictors!

No comments: