Monday, May 17, 2010

casting crew: THE HONEYMOONERS - THE MOVIE

Whether this column simply gives you night terrors over bastardization of classics TV shows or gets you intrigued for a fresh take on a beloved small-screen treasure, Casting Crew is back again and is here to stay. And following a slew of later shows such as The Munsters and The Mary Tyler Moore Show, it's time to muse about the potential film adaptation of the original family sitcom - The Honeymooners.

James Gandolfini as Ralph Kramden

Portia de Rossi as Alice Kramden

Colin Mochrie as Ed Norton

Allison Janney as Thelma Norton

4 comments:

Mike Lippert said...

I think I'm one of the few people who acually enjoyed The Honeymooners movie with Cedric the Entertainer.

Simon said...

The main flaw in that: who would buy anyone yelling at de Rossi? Or, who would buy her not fucking the dude who did up?

Not I...

Jose said...

Mochrie is gold! Great choice.

Luke said...

Mike: Duly noted - I was a little worried about drudging up memories of that movie, but little did I know people would be reminiscent. :)

Simon: It's true - but I believe in Portia as a talented comic actress, and I know she's got it in her! Try to think more along the lines of Lindsay Bluth than Nell Porter or Veronica Palmer...

Jose: Thanks! Once I thought of that one, it was kind of a no-brainer. :)