Monday, August 22, 2011

august MOVIE MEME, day 22: last black and white movie I saw

We're on the home stretch now.  The revitalization tour is soon coming to a close.  This next category is tricky - it seems I simply don't spend enough time watching this half of movie-dom, since the last one I remember watching also happens to be my all-time favorite.

Bringing Up Baby (1938, dir. Howard Hawks) - It should come as no shock that my all-time fave just so happens to fit the bill for this particular category.  Bringing Up Baby is the last B&W movie I took in, as far as I can recall.  But so what - it's brilliant and hilarious and I watch it at least several times a year.  It's likely that this categorization will change very soon, though, with The Artist entering our lives.  It'll likely take the spot until my Great Big Academy Awards Project leads me into the 1960s.

2 comments:

TomS said...

I watched "Roman Holiday" and "La Dolce Vita" right after returning from Rome in July.

Andrew K. said...

Just a big grin on my face thinking about this movie.